Open Air Theatre: WUTHERING HEIGHTS
Heartbreak Productions in association with Friends of Longford Park presents
by Emily Bronte
Directed by Alice Kornitzer Adapted by Rosamund Smith
Friday June 21st at 7.30pm (Gates Open: 6:45pm)
Age: 9+ Running time: 2 hours 20 minutes including interval.
We regret to inform you that we are unable to continue our journey to Thrushcross Grange this evening due to strange and unexpected weather conditions on the moors. For your comfort and safety, we shall be lodging at Wuthering Heights, once home to the Earnshaw family and their infamous orphan, Heathcliff… Raised amongst Mr. Earnshaw’s resentful son Hindley and his free-spirited daughter Catherine, Heathcliff’s relationship with Cathy soon blossoms into an unruly and passionate romance that lasts beyond the grave. Despite their intense bond, Cathy resigns herself to marry Linton, a man of her own class, leading Heathcliff down a vengeful and self-destructive path. His possessive and erratic nature drives him to enact a torturous scheme of revenge on the next generation of Earnshaws.
Join Heartbreak Productions for this outdoor adaptation of Emily Brontё’s haunting tale of two restless souls as wild and untamed as the bleak Yorkshire moors. Pack a chair or blanket, a picnic, and dress for the weather, as together we exhume a ghostly tale of wandering spirits and reckless love affairs.
Please note: Tickets available at the cafe in the park, Chorlton Bookshop, NewsLink at Stretford Metro or online at www.folpwh.eventbrite.co.uk (admin fees apply)
- All tickets £12 (under 5s free)
- This production will go ahead in all but the worst weather conditions (generally thunderstorms) so bring appropriate clothing (sunscreen, hat and an umbrella!).
- Chairs are not provided and places cannot be reserved in advance.
- Dogs are not permitted in the audience area (guide dogs excepted).
- Please note the booking fees charged for these tickets are not under the control of Friends of Longford Park. Tickets are also available at the Longford Park Cafe, Chorlton Bookshop or NewsLink at Stretford Metro for face value.
- If not sold out, tickets may be available on the door on a first come first served basis – please note this event has sold out before the performance on previous occasions.
- For general information on the play see http://www.heartbreakproductions.co.uk/ or contact us at [email protected]
For those that have not previously been to one of our open air theatre productions, the performance is held in the People’s Millions Garden adjacent to the formal Gardens. Click on the Satellite view on the map below for the exact location within the park. There will be two main access points, one on the Eastern side (follow the path alongside the Athletics Stadium) and a second on the Western side (follow the road past the cafe and it’ll be on the right past the Community Allotments). Once you get inside the park follow the signs. There will be volunteers at hand should you require assistance.
Gates open at 6:45pm
We would rather you left the car at home, but if you do drive, the easiest option is to park at the large car park next to the Athletics Stadium off Ryebank Road. There is a second smaller car park past the cafe for people with mobility issues. We kindly ask you to respect the parking restrictions within Longford Park.
Toilets are located at Longford Cafe and will be closed after the interval. Please note that the cafe itself may not be serving food or drinks from 5:00pm onward so we advise that you bring refreshments along.