About Friends of Longford Park
Longford Park, Trafford’s largest municipal park is located in Stretford and borders Chorlton cum Hardy on its Eastern side.
Friends of Longford Park are a volunteer group of local people that work with Trafford Council to improve and promote the park as a vibrant local facility for all age groups, helping it remain as a valued and popular asset for the community.
Some of our past achievements and current activities:
- Run the monthly health walks;
- Established the park as a cycling hub;
- Set up and run the community allotments;
- Organised regular work parties to maintain the wildlife garden;
- Since the privatisation of the park workforce, now under the care of Amey, we have provided regular feedback on their performance to both Amey and Trafford Council.
- Collaborate with other Trafford based ‘Friends of’ groups.
- Got funding for the installation of bicycle/scooter racks around the park;
- Collaborated with DUFA to establish an 18 hole disc golf course in Longford Park;
- Brought outdoor theatre to Longford Park; and
- Had tree stumps carved in the park.
Visiting Longford Park
If visiting the Park for the first time, the park is located on the border between Stretford and Chorlton cum Hardy, South Manchester. The park has multiple entrances so please refer to the map below to find the best one that suits your needs.
There are bike and scooter racks around the park, at the Athletics Stadium, playgrounds and Pet's Corner.
The closest metro station is Streford, approximately a 10 minute walk along Edge Lane.
We would rather you didn't drive, but if you do there is a large free Car Park beside the Trafford Athletics Stadium on the Eastern side with access from Ryebank Road. There is also a smaller Car Park inside the park that can be accessed from the Western entrance off Cromwell Road. Please note that this can get busy during peak times.
Please do not park along the road or in resident only areas.
To contact Friends of Longford Park, please fill in the form below or mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you'd like to subscribe to the Friends of Longford Park mailing list, add your details below:
Please note: While we're always interested in what is going on in Longford Park, if you are looking for permission to hold an event, please contact the Trafford Council events team on email@example.com