Longford Park is located in Edge Lane / Ryebank Road / Cromwell Road - Stretford.
Please download our latest (July2016) leaflet = Community Groups and Activites within the Park
The Firswood Community Centre, near the Quadrant entrance, hosts many activities:-
- Children’s Drama Group
- Hula Hoop Lessons for Adults
- Rainbows/Brownie/Guides/Rangers –Clubs for girls
- Mother and Toddler Group
- Tai Chi
- Indoor Bootcamp Class
- Home Education Support Group
- Firswood Leisure Art Group- painting group for adults
- Longford Community Choir sessions
- Dance Classes for children age 3+ to young adult. Ballet/disco and cheerleading
- Stretford Amateur Football Club meets on adjacent fields/li>
For further details concerning all activities contact the Community Centre Manager Mary Wood on 0161 879 4460
The Centre is also available for hire for Children’s parties and Community/Voluntary/Craft Group Meetings/Events
Longford Park Athletics Stadium
Home to Trafford Athletics Club
Membership is open to the whole community.
Athletics training sessions take place Monday and Thursday Juniors meet 6 to 7pm and Seniors 7 to 9pm.
For further details regarding opening times and facilities available telephone 07921 830086.
External catering also available.
The Longford Scout Group meet near Longford Cottages for the following age groups:
- Beavers (aged 6-8)
- Cubs (aged 8-10)
- Scouts (aged 10 to 14)
- Explorers (ages 14 to 18).
- New members are always welcome. Please submit an enquiry through their website.
- Visit the Longford Scouts Website
Longford Park Bowling Club The 2 bowling greens are presently only accessible when one of the bowling clubs is meeting. All 3 clubs would welcome new members. Anyone wishing to join should go along to the greens when the clubs are meeting and ask to speak to the Secretary. There are no facilities available to hire bowls so you need to have your own equipment. Spectators always welcome and seating is available.
- Ryebank Ladies for women of all ages.
- Longford Ladies for women of all ages.
- Longford Men’s. For men aged 60+. There are 4 men’s teams who play at League standard.
If you would like to be added to our communities leaflet then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When visiting Longford Park, please remember that the park is also a residential area. Please consider local residents when using the park’s facilities