A big thank you to the organizers of The Destination Parks event. Hopefully this enjoyable event will become a regular event and come back next year!
Sports activities, street dancing, storytelling and music workshops are among the variety of activities planned to make Trafford’s parks the place to be this summer.
Trafford Council’s Destination Parks programme aims to encourage the positive use of parks by local people and visitors in a bid to provide diversionary fun activities and ensure crime and anti-social behaviour is crowded out by fun events for all the family.
The council’s parks and community safety teams have worked closely with Greater Manchester Police and a range of other partners to develop three pilot schemes, which will take place this month (August) in Longford Park, Davyhulme Park and Stamford Park.
There is already a full schedule of events across our parks and these initiatives are providing an added opportunity for people to join in local activities in their parks. If the pilot events are a success, Destination Parks will be extended next year.
Longford Park, Friday 15 August, 5.30pm-8.30pm
• Trafford Urban Fitness Collective: Various sports activities
• Sale Moor Community Partnership: Graffiti art workshop
• Parktastic: Art/craft workshop with artist and play workers
• Spearfish: Street dance or break dance activity
• British Military Fitness: Assault course
• Police and PCSOs: Bike and phone tagging, mobile police unit
• Libraries: Storytelling and stall
• Gorse Hill Studios: Community radio
• Rides and amusements